POLICIES AND PROCEDURES DURING THE COVID – 19 PANDEMIC
All patients, visitors and staff will have their temperature taken upon entry to the clinic using a touchless thermal scanner. Any patient with a fever cannot come to the clinic for a minimum of 5 days until their fever subsides.
Harwood Chiropractic and Massage Centre is committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety at all times, but even more so during COVID-19. Below is an in-depth list of the various levels of precautions we are taking at this time.
All patients, visitors and staff must answer NO to ALL of the following questions to be allowed into the clinic:
- Do you have a fever, cough or any flu/cold-like symptoms or are generally feeling unwell?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Is there any chance you’ve been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or any flu/cold like symptoms?
- Has anyone in your household or you’ve had close contact with travelled anywhere outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- If YES is answered to any of the above questions, that individual cannot come to the clinic
CLINIC AND STAFF GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
1. No walk-in patients are to be accepted at this time. New patients need to call the clinic and be screened appropriately.
2. Appointments for EXISTING patients will be booked but must follow a telephone screen and the COVID-19 SCREENING QUESTIONS emailed 2 hours prior to our appointment. If you fail to fill out the screening you must fill one out at the office.
3. Patients have been instructed to come alone to appointments. Exceptions will be made for those under the age of 18, or those with cognitive or physical limitations.
4. Paying with plastic is preferred whenever possible or a pay bill can be emailed to you.
5. Front desk staff will remain in the front office, with a sneeze guard and PPE for further protection.
6. Practitioners and staff will use hand washing and hand hygiene practices
7. Practitioners will have available to them gloves and surgical masks to be used at their discretion. Gloves will be discarded after one patient use. Proper mask hygiene will be used.
SANITIZATION PROCEDURES BETWEEN PATIENTS:
Practitioners will thoroughly wash or sanitize their hands immediately after each patient visit.
The practitioner will immediately clean any area used with the patient with disinfected wipes or sprays. This includes any equipment, treatment tables, chairs, door handles and any other item used.
Practitioners will thoroughly wash or sanitize their hands AGAIN
SANITIZATION PROCEDURES DURING THE DAY AND END OF DAY:
Deep clean all other areas of the clinic that are “traffic areas”. This includes the reception desk, washrooms and other clinic areas.
End of the day deep clean over and above COVID-19 protocol of treatment area used throughout the shift.
Cleaning is to be done with disinfectant wipes and/or sprays.
PATIENT GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES:
It is safe for patients to attend their appointments and receive care at our clinic. We will continue to follow Public Health for updates and prevention information. We would like to take this time to thank all patients and staff in advance, for following these strict but necessary protocols in the clinic at all times until further notice.
Our mission at Harwood Chiropractic Centre is simply to serve you. We provide excellent chiropractic care to help our patients reach and exceed their health goals. We assess the patient as a whole. We want to address the main concern, but also lead you into a lifestyle of being pain free. We do all of this by offering an evidence-based approach to chiropractic care by utilizing chiropractic manipulation, soft-tissue techniques, therapeutic rehabilitation, and a variety of chiropractic services to help achieve your health goals.